vesuvius said:
W3bbo said:
*snip*

I agree about won't fix being irritating, but it is a numbers game at the end of the day.

Microsoft themselves use the C++ editor to build visual studio and thousands of their own developers are not complaining. When you have worked on a large software application supporting many thousands of users, you learn to prioritise bug fixes and issues.

I bet you on connect there are loads more issues with loads more people complaining about, so rather than please 1 or 2 people,  and annoy hundreds or thousands, a decision is taken against you, as in this case.

I have not used C++ for 5 years or so, but something tells me there is a fix available for this issue, either a setting or a registry hack.

Mind you, I installed Windows 7 and just used it, just like I installed Visual studio 2010 and just used it. People that stayed on XP and missed Vista have a lot more to learn abaout win 7, but to me Vista and windows 7 are very similar.

I think (I mean this in the nicest way) that you should "deal with it" as Dr Herbie would say.

While I personally don't have an issue with the way VS2010 indents, I think it's unacceptable to change such a widely used tool as the VS editor, without providing an option to enable to a legacy behaviour.