Jaime Rodriguez said:
Sven Groot said:
*snip*

hi Sven,

For the release this year we are only supporting EFIGS ( English, French, Italian, German and Spanish) .. 

We are of course going to add more languages soon after the release..

Cheers,

Jaime

But does that mean that I can buy a phone anywhere in the world, and switch the UI to any of those languages? And that regardless of the UI language, I can still input any other language?

If I buy a phone in (e.g.) the US, does it have only the English UI or can I set it to French, Italian, etc. and whatever languages you end up supporting after release? Can I input text using the French autocorrect dictionary even if my UI language is set to English? Once there is support for Japanese, will I be able to input Japanese even if my UI language is English?

I bought my current iPhone 3G in Japan, yet I could switch the UI to English (I can also set it to Dutch if I want to). And although the UI is set to English, I can still read and write Japanese e-mail and SMS. In fact, I have 4 different keyboards set up, which I can cycle through easily even while typing a message: English, Dutch (for the autocorrect dictionary), Japanese romaji (type in roman characters, automatically convert to kana/kanji), and Emoji (a Japanese standard for smilies in phone e-mail and SMS). I need all four of those. I need to switch between all of those freely without changing the UI language.

Will WP7 allow me to do that once the appropriate language support is available? That's the big question that I can't find an answer to.