Hi,

I saw a question posted on the GloblBank wiki about why developer's aren't participatng on the GotDotNet message boards.

I don't claim to know the answer for all developers but personally I participate in SourceForge instead of GotDotNet. And indeed there are a large number of .Net based projects in SourceForge so perhaps I am not the only one.

The reasons I use for SourceForge instead of GotDotNet:

1. In SourceForge I can always read the code. GotDotNet I may or may not be able to. This has nothing to do with any philosophy towards open source it's just that as a developer it's often what I am interested in as oppossed to just getting some binaries.

2. There is a lot more activity in SouceForge. This is a chicken-and-egg argument.

3. GotDotNet seems in some ways like a Visual Source Safe for the Internet. My team uses VSS to store our code. While I would feel comfortable hosting our code in SourceForge (if it was open-source) I wouldn't feel so comfortable about GotDotNet. This is mainly due to the maturity, support arrangements and access controls in the GotDotNet system. As it becomes more stable perhaps this will change.

Aaron