I am adapting the NonClassModels area of Brad Wilson's Advanced MVCConf2011 project. Everything works fine for me when my dictionary is <string,string> but when I change it to <string,object> I get an error in my call to

OnModelUpdated(controllerContext, bindingContext); within the DictionaryModelBinder.

The error is

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String[]' to type 'System.String'.

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String[]' to type 'System.String'.]   System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.StringLengthAttribute.IsValid(Object value) +46   System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.ValidationAttribute.IsValid(Object value, ValidationContext validationContext) +115   System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.ValidationAttribute.GetValidationResult(Object value, ValidationContext validationContext) +29   System.Web.Mvc.<Validate>d__1.MoveNext() +161   System.Web.Mvc.<Validate>d__5.MoveNext() +311   System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.OnModelUpdated(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) +136   MvcConf2011.Areas.NonClassModels.DictionaryModelBinder.BindModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) in c:\Projects\EnterpriseManagementSamples\advanced-mvc-3 - Copy\Areas\NonClassModels\Utility\ModelBinder\DictionaryModelBinder.cs:51 

Any ideas? I have not been able to successfully get the source code into the project to debug it.