Ok then... That makes sense. Away from PCs and locally hosted servers and on to devices and the cloud. I guess Steve Jobs was right. At least Microsoft has a huge leg up on Apple on services and  the cloud

It'll be interesting to see how the corporate world will respond to this with their heavy investment in PCs and related software. Do they all transition to Microsoft "devices" or do they look into other options? Is Microsoft thinking when it's time to upgrade PCs corporations will just select a Microsoft tablet instead of a PC and maybe pickup WP8 while they're at it? WP7 wasn't business friendly (in terms of options for writing in-house software) and I surmise why in part it was a big flop.

What about OEMs? When Microsoft says it's a "devices" company does it mean direct competition with OEMs? They already have the surface tablets that they said weren't intended to harm OEMs sales.

Seems like Microsoft is burning bridges left and right with developers, OEMs, and now possibly corporations. I wonder what will rise from those ashes?