@elmer - If you don't care about any of that stuff you might as well get a razr flip phone from 2004.

My Anrdoid was very intuitive to use, and was only $100 (maybe 200 don't remember) with a contract. You can get a really good Android for $1 if it's been on the market for a few months and catch a special.

A smartphone of any brand seems like an overkill for you. I like having a phone with a great e-reader because I like to be able to read wherever I'm at and have some down time. I'm a very viusal person, so for me being able to customize is important.

Being locked down is a huge turn-off for me, and one reason I would never buy an iPhone. I don't feel like I should have to jailbreak my device to have something usable. My droid was non-rooted and I could FTP or SSH into a server, edit html, and so much more. If I had a client with trouble I could fix something simple in a pinch even sitting at a table at a restaurant. Try doing that with a Windows Phone!

I'm not a MS basher. I have an xbox, wanted to love Windows phone, wanted to love Windows 8, wanted to love Surface, but they seem to keep dropping the ball. Vista was a complete disaster, but I really like Win 7. I was hoping 8 was going to continue the awesomeness, because I love the Metro UI, but it really sucks to use unless you have a touch screen, which I don't.

I think I would try a BB 10 before going with another Windows Phone. I have a feeling they will have the same app market issues (even if not as bad) so I will probably be an Android user for many years to come.

I agree with you though. Nokia makes the best phones. I had three drops from about waist high kill my Motorola, which is why I have an LG Win 7 for now. Planning on getting a Nexus 4 very soon.