@Blue Ink:

The famous unnamed "Google Spokesperson" responded to the Map thing.

The mobile web version of Google Maps is optimized for WebKit browsers such as Chrome and Safari. However, since Internet Explorer is not a WebKit browser, Windows Phone devices are not able to access Google Maps for the mobile web.

TBH, I don't like this reply. I'd respect Google more if they said they blocked it because Microsoft is bad to us and our ecosystem and we want to do everything we can to trash their ecosystem.

But this technical excuse is lame. If this is the real reason, I think they should show a warning page or better yet a banner and let you through. The idea of a redirect is even worse than just blocking the user with "Your browser is not supported", because it's not clear what is even wrong. Or they are just lying about the reason in some pointless effort to appear politically correct.

Microsoft blowing all sorts of time and money reinventing its own quasi-comptable rendering engine instead of using the industry standard Webkit renderer is kind of stupid too, but that's a different story. I guess "helps the economy".

It seems that Intel is getting its act together w.r,t, low power chips; not on par with ARM just yet, but close enough that I doubt there's much of a future for Windows on ARM.

Cheers, but the new and modern(tm) metrosexual Windows interface that you SHOULD be using if you are cool and hip is still locked on the app store, x86 or ARM. They took it to levels that even Apple won't touch. Who says Microsoft isn't innovative? Regardless, I don't want to be involved in the endless Windows 8 debate, is plenty of other people around here that can hate on Windows 8 better than me.