I'd love to get your opinions on this, but every now-and-then some teams will come to us with something they want to promote, either as an ad or promotion. We turn down the vast majority of them with the exception of events since the ones we promote at least have free live streams and it's deep technical content.
These are categories of ads/promotions we get requests for.
- Promotions: Windows Azure platform 30-day pass. No credit card required and enough capacity (3 instances, 2dbs etc) to go deep on Azure, Office 2010 for students is now just $49.99
Products: Download IE9
- Tools: Download Web Matrix/Visual Studio Express
- API: Try the Bing API for free, now with unlimited commercial use
- Technology: Try the Silverlight Toolkit to easily beautify your Silverlight and Windows Phone 7 apps
- Coding4Fun: Use the MJPEG Library to control your IP Web cams using Silverlight or Windows Phone 7
Thanks in advance for any feedback