@ScanIAm: Yes, that would be awesome! If everyone would have their own community of people to fall back on. A community wich they could CHOOSE to be a member of.

I'm all for helping my community (that's the idea behind my wp7 app and the idea for the wp8 one, helping the community, this one). I'm not for extortion of money by the threat of force, to be handed out to people that do not belong to the community. I'm willing to help you, so that in a later stage you might return the favor.

Right now, I have two communities that I'm a part of. One we forged ourselves with bloodties and friendships (this includes collegues) and one wich forces itself through my front door and demands that I pay him. One of these communities is helping me, the other is not.

Now, you do raise an excellent point. What about the people that do not have a community to rely on? Well, they can join one that wants to have them. Last time I looked the salvation army is always looking to help people. These communities will expect something in return and if you don't agree then you can leave and join another community. And all this can be accomplished, without physically moving.

Sure you need a government to protect communities from harm, but you do not need a state telling them how to run their community.