, Bass wrote

It's hilarious how much detail you can get about a company's strategy just by reading their job openings.

Oh its not about 'company strategy' but just some geeky technology tibits, of course its just speculating but speculating is always fun ! Especially when MS is not as open as before.

, SteveRichter wrote

What does this mean for Anders? Will he have to answer to the native language team before any additions to C#?

Well, I read it carefully and sometimes it actually says the compiler is compiling MSIL, so it could work like NGEN/JIT or a post-compiling phase. of course the C# frontend (Roslyn?) could be integrated too, to provide more analysis and optimizing possiblities. So basically Anders owns the frontend and VC team has the backend (or one of the backends) I guess.

, bondsbw wrote

@magicalclick: Assuming you were not attempting to write drivers in C#, what about it is slower or supports less hardware than C++?  (Of course, I'm assuming you are still targeting Windows...)

Case studies tend to show that C# produces better performance than C++.  I've seen where people have set out to show how bad C# performs compared to native code, and change their minds once they see the results.

This isn't meant to troll, but I'm genuinely curious since this is not the typical path taken.

Tell the news to Herb Sutter ! or read this :

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?jid=76831

Managed code can be much higher performing when it is compiled by an ahead-of-time advanced optimizing compiler to native code.