, wkempf wrote

*snip*

Evidence that it's a minority position?

Opposition to Windows 8? The sales of it? Touchscreen sales on laptops/desktops?

Gorilla-arm problem?:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-touch-screens-will-not-take-over

Oh, so you're calling me a liar, and projecting you're opinions as the only opinions that are valid?

I can very well believe you, that you thought it would be a neat to have a more flexible/powerful tablet PC. But that you wished for a device full of compromises like the Surface?

As I said before in this forum: They should have completely separated both worlds. Both uncripppled UIs on the same device, switchable, would work (connect your tablet to a keyboard, mouse and display, switch to the uncrippled desktop -> you have a productivity device) but this FrankenOS abomination they did instead suits just about NOBODOY. Metro gets in your way on the Desktop and the Desktop gets in your way on metro (many settings are only reachable through the desktop CP etc.). It's a mess, pure and simple.

I believe you, that you thought about all-in-one devices. But I don't buy it that you had seriously a FrankenOS experience like this in mind all the time as your dream-device. Sorry.