, DeathBy​VisualStudio wrote

*snip*

So how is it that the outcry on SOPA through blogs, forums, and social media channels helped get that bill tabled? 

SOPA wasn't stopped by the same old voices complaining. It was stopped by people who had previously been quiet raising their voices for the first time. Like Wikipedia and Google and Reddit and so on blacking out their home pages. It wasn't the angry bloggers that senators had long since stopped listening to. It was the quiet reasonable folk who made their objections known that senators suddenly had to sit up and listen to.

[either] acknowledge what you believe is true about the complaint or say nothing at all. 

I wouldn't want you to be under the mistaken impression that everyone agrees with you all of the time. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that everyone else shares that opinion. When I disagree with you, it's often not because I hold the opposite viewpoint to you, just that I want the other viewpoint to be there to counterbalance your assertions.

It sad that the noise causes Microsoft to write off the issues.

It's not just Microsoft that tunes out constant background noise. It's everyone.

, magicalclick wrote

@evildictaitor: are you suggesting people seeking gay marriage should stop complaining? Because I cannot see how this would help government to care more.

That's one hell of a strawman you got there.