, evildictait​or wrote

*snip*

This is why you need to be careful what you complain about. Be quiet and positive and people will sit up and pay attention when you speak loudly or are critical. If you're loud and negative all the time, people will tune you out and you'll never be heard, no matter how hard you stamp your feet.

So how is it that the outcry on SOPA through blogs, forums, and social media channels helped get that bill tabled? While I agree that you can drown out any message with too much volume I don't believe its that simple.

In toning down the negativity here I think part of the answer lies in being the bigger person. Instead of throwing rocks back at the complainer simple acknowledge what you believe is true about the complaint or say nothing at all. Eventually those who are looking for remediation will be satisfied or look elsewhere. I'm not suggesting that will create a perfect panacea here but it certainly would be better than fanning the flames.

It sad that the noise causes Microsoft to write off the issues. It may be their loss but in the end it's my loss too; I loose a nice homogeneous environment to develop in and to recommend to my customers. Maybe they are just to big anymore to care. Sounds like Apple is having the same problem. I wonder how Google has seemed to stayed so nimble? I'm sure their day is coming too...