, wastingtime​withforums wrote

*snip*

There's differences between good changes and bad changes. Are you claiming that stuff like Metro gestures popping up all the time on touchpads, like in this case, is awesome? And if grand changes are introduced, there should be a fallback, like MS did it the last time. This time they aren't so confident to provide that ...

Well, you'll get no argument from me there. The original start menu should've been there as an option, at least.

But that's not what your argument was. Your argument was that any change where the new version is not immediately intuitive to anyone who has used the old version is forbidden. That doesn't change just because you have the old UI as a fallback. Windows 95 was not intuitive to someone who used Windows 3.11 for a long time (I remember hating the taskbar initially). So according to you, they shouldn't have introduced it, fallback or not. And I challenge anyone who has never used Windows 95 before to figure out how to start the old-style Program Manager without looking it up (iirc, there was no shortcut for it. You have to do start, run, progman.exe or browse to the file using Explorer).