, DCMonkey wrote

@cbae:

Too bad you can't actually click that "button".

LOLWUT? Of course, you can click it. What are you supposed to do? Stare at it? How else are you supposed to invoke the live tile screen by mouse?

And that right click menu seems to be missing all the known folder items (and shutdown/sleep).

Some items (like sleep and shutdown) have been moved elsewhere, but this right-click menu has other items that you wouldn't see in Windows 7 at all (e.g. Task Manager) or would be buried in a pop-up menu, which isn't enabled by default, or worse, buried in "All Programs". I'd rather have items that I use all the time like File Explorer, Event Viewer, Command Prompt, and Task Manager (items that I use multiple times per day) more readily available like they are in Windows 8 than something like "Devices and Printers" or "Default Programs" (rarely used) or even "Shutdown" (used maybe one time a day)  like they are in Windows 7. Again, it's at worst a wash, and at best a win for Windows 8.

Hardly equivalent. And there's the jump lists they added to start menu items in Win7. That lasted a whole version.

Jump lists are available in task bar items in Windows 8 just as they are in Windows 7. If you're claiming that they are available in the Start Menu or in "All Programs" groups, then I'm not seeing them in Windows 7.