, JeremyJ wrote

@pathfinder:  I think that is the main problem.  You used it for two hours and gave up.  That sounds like you weren't really going to give it a fair shake anyway.  You installed it just to say you did.  You think setting up a Linux box is easier than learning the start screen???  

Learning the new way to do things does have a learning curve but once you get used to it, it is actually pretty nice, even on a desktop.  I like the fact that my screen feels more alive because I am getting the information I am looking for all in one place.  I don't have to keep opening up seperate apps just to keep up on my email, messages, friends, news, etc.  I just glance at the screen and see it all right there.  It is the same reason I like WP7.  I like that my computer is now very responsive and fast.  It doesn't feel as laggy as it did running Windows 7. 

I think it is a good upgrade (especially considering the price) if people would be willing to give it a fair try.  Too many people don't like things because they are different and don't like change.  They also read on blogs that they shouldn't like it so their opinions get tainted.  I honestly commend Microsoft for having the balls to be bold and make huge changes to try and stay competetive.  It may or may not work, but at least they tried.

I agree, I am getting used to it, and in my profession have no choice otherwise be left behind. The truth of the matter is that this is not really complete, both for the desktop experience that won't go away (looking at IT projects being commissioned at present) and the tablet experience that will start to get exciting towards the end of the first service pack or Windows 9.

WP7 generally was also incomplete with Android thrashing it in many areas, I know a number of people that adored WP7, but the announcements that is was being killed, poor screen resolution etc. mean that you are a pure fanboi, which is not bad thing but that is why sales are poor.