I just want to have a real DVD and I don't have a credit card to buy anything online anyway.

I'm going to do a clean install with the upgrade DVD. I would never "upgrade" an OS but of course that means that I will have to install an old OS (not my Win7 because I still want to use that) on the drive first just so I can upgrade and wipe out the old OS.

, BitFlipper wrote

@dentaku: Aren't the Windows 8 download cheaper than the physical DVD? I was at an MS popup store and they wanted $70 for the DVD.

Well the reason I'd prefer a clean W8 install vs an in-place upgrade is because at this point my Windows 7 system takes ~5 minutes to boot. Even though it wasn't supposed to happen, Windows 7 still gets bogged down over time. While I supposed an in-place W8 install will probably be able to improve on that a little bit, I would still prefer a clean install just to clear out all the cobwebs. However I guess I can always try an in-place upgrade and see if the results are acceptable. Worst case I can then do a clean install if things turn out bad.

Did anyone else with a lot of stuff on their system do an in-place upgrade with good results?