@Maddus Mattus: The Azure sync stuff breaks our site and I don't like the work arounds.

It adds triggers to tables which causes the row count from Insert/Update statements issued by NHibernate to be greater than one. NHibernate throws an error in this case since it only expected to touch one row and rolls back the transaction. There's a setting to turn off that protection but I can't remember if it's in version 2 of NH or you have to move to 3. Also, I don't want to give up the protection Smiley

Also, while syncing would prevent the site from taking a perf hit, it would still show you my schema and I don't really want to do that. The beauty of RSS or ATOM is that it's a static format that we both communicate on. OData would tie both of us together into a schema (the XML blob in the <content> tag) that I now have to support. It's not something I'm against but it's not something I want to walk into without really thinking about it. I'm also worried that Entity Framework couldn't handle the way our database is organized because I use a lot of NH specific features that I don't think EF can handle (any mappings mostly). I could take the middle ground and build one of those metadata based providers but I still don't like that route.

I've toyed with manually implementing the OData protocol (pushing the XML to you myself). It's not that hard. No matter how I implemented it, I would limit the kinds of query operators you could use just like Azure Table Storage does since I like the fact that I control the shape of all the queries done against the database. It forces all code to work against my model and not against my physical database store. If we moved pieces of the data to Table Storage or did something else wacky then the model (entity objects + queries + services) would remain consistent while their implementations would change. Those query objects give me a great list of all the ways that the site needs to bend and shape the data which is a huge boon when building indexes, weighing new features, or even considering some of the wacky back end changes I mentioned above.

Long story: it's a big feature that has to fight other features for space on the schedule. We have talked about adding some of the paging query strings to RSS feeds so you can ask for page 2 and get all items in a list rather than just the top 20. A feed that uses the list extensions and gives you all shows/series/blogs is also an idea we've tossed around. These are much easier to do but still have to fight for schedule time. Use Connect to let us know which ones you like.