, kettch wrote

@Richard.Hein: I've currently got the Samsung Series 7 Slate, but I'm really looking hard at the RT. I ended up getting one for my wife, and it's all I can do to pry it away for a few minutes to play with it.

At first I was set on the Pro, but after a couple of weeks, I'm not so sure that I need or care about x86 and a pen. My Samsung has an active digitizer, but I've been surprised at how quickly I was able to wean myself off of it and just use the onscreen keyboard.

Yeah, with the newborn, I have had a lot more time with the Surface RT without the keyboard attached than with it, and it's taking some getting used to but I feel like I'm getting skilled at using it one handed and with the baby in my other arm. Wink  The onscreen keyboard modes are great, because you can switch between them depending on what you are typing and how you are holding it ... the Remote Desktop app also has a "touch pointer" mode that you can switch between, so that you can control a mouse cursor with acceleration from just the edge or corner of the surface, and get higher precision for the times you need it.  Then switch back to touch for other things.