,cbae wrote

That right there tells me that you don't really give a rat's a$$ about open source. You just want Microsoft to fail, and you somehow think that Microsoft will do so as long as they don't embrace open source (how misguided that notion might be). 

My thinking was more along the lines: OMG, Microsoft is opensourcing DOTNET, oh no, all those Silverlight idiots who didn't give a diddly squat about how delicate the web is in regard to standards and patents, all those idiots will be saved by the bell. Those same idiots who FUD HTML5 (it will be done in 2022, and i'd rather cut my arm then code in that,) thinking it will revive SL. I rather enjoy seeing them being tormented still. Not sure how many left, certainly not many.

AND YES, I CERTAINLY THINK MS WILL (HAS?) FAIL UNLESS IT EMBRACES OPEN SOURCE, AND CHANGE ITS ACTIONS W.R.T. PATENTS.

I'm talking here, of course, about SL for the web. I don't care about SL for windows or SL for WP7.

My question for you is do you want Microsoft to embrace opensource and have a no patent stance? How do you feel about the web's success? (oh right, you think the browser will disappear), how do you feel that the world is going multi-platform?