, cheong wrote

*snip*

That's why I didn't say to put the links and words in the App, just on the SkyDrive homepage where Apple has no right to control what to be put there. Maybe SkyDrive team can put the words on their blog too. I'm sure Apple has no ground to control what's on the other's blog.

No they don't. Microsoft is free to put something on their blog that points users somewhere to sign up. As long as it isn't in the app then Apple can't stop 'em.

(Btw, what will happen if the App includes little blogroll to their teams blog, and the blogroll "just happen" to have article explaining this? Does it violate the rule?)

What if I 'just happen' to install my single copy of Windows on six thousand machines?

Of course it violates the rule. Apple would pull the app and would be well within their rights to do so.

That's the part difficult to circumvent... I'd like to see the actual words of condition. If the words doesn't contain clauses that "prevent authors to offer subscription outside the App ONLY", maybe Microsoft could just pull away the button to renew subscription inside the App.

Freely available on the Apple website, so you can check 'em yourself. Oh, and Apple reserves the right to change the rules whenever it feels like it.

Btw, what would happen if Microsoft offers SkyDrive discount to people like MSDN subscribers? The current Apple account has no indication for such status, therefore offering lower price on the web based on this ground seems reasonable to me.

Here's the problem: What seems reasonable to you, may not seem reasonable to Apple. They would probably argue that this is the same subscription because it gives access to content, and would insist that MS drop the price of their app store subscription to match it.

And here's the thing that you might not realise: They have banned stuff stuff for religious reasons, and they've banned stuff simply because there's already too much of the same stuff in the store. Now, MS can try all sorts of tricks to circumvent the rules, but at the end of the day, if Apple spots it, they will ban it and they don't have to give a reason. The app store is very much a police state, and Apple changes the laws as and when it sees fit.