, Maddus Mattus wrote

@spivonious: from first hand experience I can tell you, government run hospitals do not work.

translation: They work, but I don't like how they work.

My wife is a nurse, so I get the stories every night when she comes home.

Well, it's good, then, that you base your views on the non-biased point of view.

There are too many managers, too little nurses and the doctors are grossly overpaid.

We spent 70 billion euros on healthcare, for 16 million people. A stitching here costs 200 euros, over in Belgium a tenth in a private hospital (correct me if I am wrong ZippyV).

Money doesn't trickle to the bottom, so nurses are structurally underpaid and therefore always in short supply. So much so, that the government here is pushing for more male nurses and is trying to buff up the image of a nurse. That caring is not in a males natiure, doesn't seem to matter.

I fail to see how any of that has to do with government funded healthcare.  This situation exists in the US as well, so all you are doing is relaying your spouses frustrations with her pay.

Maybe that's the problem between you and I.  I view the end goal of healthcare to be providing healthcare to people who need it.  You view it as a way to profit.  I'd argue that you are missing the point.

Our health insurance is government controlled, as such subject to politics. I have to pay 200,- a month and can only get money back of my bill each year is above 350,- and i have to pay 7.50 a day in hospital, if current plans continue. Much is not covered by the insurance, only things the insurer and government deems neccesairy.

Oh, my GOD that is the most spoiled piece of utter selfish bulls*t I've ever read.  Do you have any idea how expensive hospical care is?  2400 f*cking euros a year and you feel like you are put upon?

Care is poor at best, but none of it is to blame on the direct staff.  Childbirth deaths is the highest in Europe, because we have to pay 180,- if you want to have labour in hospital without medical need.

There are reported cases of deadly bacteria on the loose in hospitals, we have a hearing, but nothing changes, director stays at his job with high paid salary or moves along to a differnt hospital fir higher wage.

It's called MRSA and it's rampant all over the world due to excessive antibiotic use.  Go ahead, blame that on the government.

No sir, health care is way too important for the government to run.

Nothing in what you've described above has anything to do with 'tha governmint', but I congratulate you for finding a sufficient boogeyman that will answer to every scapegoat need you have.