@Sven Groot: She will get there,. I think she's not as fragile as that video shows. She has a good working attitude and I am confident that she will have a high paid job in the future. Her river of life just took a small detour. Who are we to judge if it's a wrong turn or a right turn? Maybe it's for the best, maybe she's learning lessons that can't be taught in school, only time can tell.

What makes you convinced she doesnt have a bright future anymore? I think it's very honourable to take care of your siblings. Now she can provide for them and when then are working they can reverse the roles. In a free market a degree is something that can get you a head start in the market, but it's no guarantee for succses. I know a lot of people with one that are cleuless and a lot of people without one that are experts. At least in a free market you can also earn your merits by hard work and experience. Dutch governement is actually working on a program that they give a degree to a person who has demonstrated that he has learned the knowledge in the field.

Wow. Just wow. You mean you went to school just to get a piece of paper? It's apparent you didn't learn a f*cking thing from going to school. No wonder you think government employees (including school teachers) are so worthless.

You keep putting all these words into my mouth. Nowhere have I stated that civil cervants or teachers are worthless, that's your interpretation.

Maybe companies didn't give a crap about what you learned in school, but some companies actually do value what their employees learned in school. They also realize that without employees, there is no company. So, yes, education does create jobs. It creates businesses. And it creates opportunities.

Without Stanford University, there would never have been a Sun Microsystems, a Yahoo!, a Cisco Systems, or Google.

Where I come from, job experience is valued higher then an actual degree. Job applications say; 5-10 years azure experience and the working level of a bachelor. Nowhere does it say you need a degree.

Now how am I going to check that Stanford claim to be true? Go back in time and destroy Stanford? Ofcourse their would be Yahoo, Sun, etc. etc. Stanford did not invent them, it facilitated. People created Sun, Yahoo, etc. etc., not Stanford. 

You don't get to decide what amount is "ridiculous" or not, and you have not even come close to proving that the amount is doing more harm than good.

The US is proof that the harm has come from relaxation of regulations and wealth imbalance which has rapidly increased as tax rates were lowered.

I do get to decide, I am a paying customer. That video that Sven posted is a good example of government regulation doing more harm then good. And this is just one of many regulations limiting free choice. Consumers should have a choice, then and only then do you get value for your money. Remember the four ways to spend money that I posted!