@cbae: at least I learned to treat others with respect and not to swear so much.

, cbae wrote

Do you just make sh1t up as you go along?

Do government employees not pay the same taxes as you do? Do government employees not work as many hours as you do?

Broekzak, vestzak as we say in Holland.

Private companies hire people that are educated by public school teachers. They run their business in buildings protected from fire and crime by government employees. Your country's borders are protected from enemies by government employees. The science behind much of the technologies that you benefit from and exploit were discovered by government employees.

Stop leeching off the hard work of government employees without giving them any credit for some the luxuries of life that you enjoy.

Private schools teach more efficiently ($ per student) then public, their degrees are also worth more to the market then public degrees.

If government employees are so competitive, why fear the free market? They could start their own business and be very succesfull and make a ton of money. Wonder why they fear that? I've been government employed and hired, I have first hand experience in waste of money. It's vast.

Name these so called luxeries and explain why the market could not provide?

And why would I have no right to this so called luxuries, I paid and am still paying for them!

Who died and let you decide if regulations are not needed? I would suggest using the words "I think" when you make statements like this.

Again, I am the paying customer. It's my right to have an opinion. Noted, I think that's good feedback.

Who says that the pay is higher? Who says that the company would even make her aware of the work environment being dangerous?

"Don't worry. Those chemicals have never caused cancer in anyone before. You don't need to wear a mask. Just go right ahead and breathe that sh1t in. It's not going to hurt you."

Just go on believing that no regulations are needed until you or one of your loved ones is the one hurt. Let's see how quickly you change your tune.

In my country, those that loudly complain about so many people being on unemployment shut up really fast and queue up for their own unemployment check the second they lose their jobs.

Dirty job, nobody wants to do it, higher pay. That's how it works. Supply, demand.

Sue.

Their you go with your emotions again. If your spouse chooses to work unprotected with chemicals, it's her choice. It's a bad one. Her employer is not to blame, she made the decision. If her employer conned her, then it's a different story.

Sure they do, they paid for that insurance and now you look down on them for using it? Go figure!

Sue for loss of income? Gee, why didn't GM just sue Toyota for loss of income? Brilliant!

Didnt they put an import tax on Toyota to protect Chrystler back in the day?

When you say "50% government employed or paid feed off the 50% employed by the market", it sounds like you're complaining about the mere existence of government employees. In your little utopia, who'd be around to even write these few regulations that you allegedly support?

Nothing wrong with government employees. I just think we could do with a whole lot less. Making us competitive again.

So risk being "too great to bear" trumps your absolute requirement that it needs to be "dealings of two parties that affect another". In the case of banks being "too big to fail", all the parties involved are intertwined. There aren't just "two parties affecting another." They're all parties affecting each other.

I think the risk of millions of workers being hurt because of no safety regulations is "too great to bear".

I think the risk of AGW's adverse effect on the Earth is "too great to bear".

I think the risk of petroleum companies destroying the marine ecosystem through spills from offshore drilling is "too great to bear". And the fish aren't capable of suing Exxon for loss of their homes.

See? You're not the only who gets to decide what risk is "too great to bear".

The difference is that Landsbanki wasn't too big to fail.

Then government should step in and chop them up, I agreed with you what more do you want?

Stimulous jobs is part of why we are in this mess. They are not sustainable, hence government cannot create jobs, merely destroy them in the real market.

I don't want to be the one that decides that, that's why we have government.

Yes it was, Iceland went bankrupt, too big to fail.