, Maddus Mattus wrote

@Dr Herbie: education does not create jobs, it proves you have a certain amount of competence acknolidged by an material expert.

Wow. Just wow. You mean you went to school just to get a piece of paper? It's apparent you didn't learn a f*cking thing from going to school if you have so little regard from the "learning" aspect of school. No wonder you think so little of government employees (including school teachers).

It gives you better oppertunity at a high paid job, but it does not create it.

Maybe companies didn't give a crap about what you learned in school, but some companies actually do value what their employees learned in school. They also realize that without employees, there is no company. So, yes, education does create jobs. It creates businesses. And it creates opportunities.

Without Stanford University, there would never have been a Sun Microsystems, a Yahoo!, a Cisco Systems, or Google.

Otherwise we would be swimming in jobs and we are not.

I might present my position a bit extreme, I agree that government is needed, tax is needed, regulations are needed. But the amount we have right now is rediculous and doing more harm then good.

We should have simple rules and low taxations, have faith in your fellow man.

You don't get to decide what amount is "ridiculous" or not, and you have not even come close to proving that the amount is doing more harm than good.

The US is proof that the harm has come from relaxation of regulations and wealth imbalance which has rapidly increased as tax rates were lowered.