, blowdart wrote

*snip*

And another way is "Hey this door is unlocked, I'm going to go inside and help myself to anything I want. It's not my fault the owner didn't lock their door."

Yes, because a Wifi router broadcasting an unencrypted wireless signal with access to the Internet is exactly the same thing as leaving your front door unlocked. When the thread topic is about whether it's okay to enter an unlocked house, your point might have a place.

We get it. You're cheap and don't want to pay for your own connectivity.

I have no problem paying for my own connectivity, and I think it's a bit rude for you to make assumptions like that without any basis. I pay $130/month for high speed Internet access at my home just like everyone else and I pay $60/month for a phone that includes unlimited texts, voice, and data with the hotspot feature. I always have my own Internet access for every device in my bag, regardless of where I am.

I'm simply answering the question the thread brought up. Newsflash: one can have an opinion which finds no problem with using an open wifi router, yet still decide to pay for their own Internet access with their own money. One has nothing to do with the other.

edit: rewrote a little of the last two paragraphs for the slow people.