, Blue Ink wrote

@DeathByVisualStudio: Luckily, I still have a few inches left in my arms before I really need reading glasses, but I have been thinking about this for a while.

How much does that procedure affect your binocular vision? I don't mind 3D movies anyway, but I was under the impression that would interfere with my driving. How's your experience with that?

3D still looks 3D to me except I don't have the nagging toric contacts to deal with. Like Ray mentions dry eyes are the only problem I have but I had dry eyes before the surgery (another motivating factor for me).

[quote]

, Ray7 wrote

*snip*

Wow. People keep telling me to ditch the contact lenses and go for eye surgery. Dunno. I hear that these things go wrong one in twenty. Those are good odds, but I wasn't born lucky...

I wear disposable contacts and they're no hassle at all, as long as you scrub your hands thoroughly before putting them in or taking them out.

I concur with BitFlipper. They don't even pin your head down; "Just hold still". My GF got to watch the whole thing as they had a camera mounted on the laser. Afterwards your vision is immediately better (but not perfect). As you eye heal over the next couple of weeks everything gets perfect. I never had to wear any glasses after the surgery and went back to work the day after.