, eddwo wrote

It seems like the blub paradox / sapir-whorf hypothesis / dunning-kruger effect still gets in the way of communicating with a lot of people. We probably shouldn't laugh at him but a the same time it would be extremely time consuming to actually provide enough background knowledge/perspective to enable him to understand why we think his current world-view is severely warped. Chances are he wouldn't stick around long enough to understand or believe us anyway.

I suppose we all live in bubbles that we can't see to a certain extent. I wish there were an easier way of popping them sometimes. Something like the POV gun like in the Hitchhikers film would be good. Or to put it another way, "You don't need to collect more cheevos or myspace friends. You want to go home and rethink your life"

Oh ok, to the people that say my view of the world is warped.  Well I wake up every morning, look in the mirror and say "YES!!!!"  How many people can say that?  Most of our society is on pills so they won't be depressed.  Unless you're curing cancer or something, being interested in gamerscore or music or sports makes no difference.  Cheevos/Gamerscore will the next big sport in 10 years or so.  And yes I like to brag about my stats because I like to be the alpha male in the group.  It's human nature and I can back it all up anywhere I am by showing people my windows phone.