Would appreciate any feedback on this web page - be as harsh as you like.
Objective is to promote the related Windows Phone Apps by highlighting the availability of these live tiles.
NB At the moment some of the apps for the live tiles are not on the marketplace so you will get a not found when you click on the tile*.
Currently Silverlight 5 but suppose I will have to go HTML5 when I get time.
Questions I am asking myself:
- Should it be full page or split into Master / Detail (ie instead of opening up the links to WindowsPhone.com)?
- Are the tiles the right size? Should I allow resizing in situ?
- How is the timing of the flipping? Too much? Too little? Too annoying?
- How is the concept itself? Worthwhile?
- Do I really have to go HTML5?
- Will the concept work for Windows 8 live tiles as well?
- How can I open this up to other Live Tile apps and developers? Should I?
- Should Microsoft be doing something like this to better promote the concept of live tiles?
*OK I just put this up this morning = it works on my machine (so please let me know if it doesn't work on yours)