1 hour ago, Charles wrote

*snip*

Where's this confusion stemming from? Is it because we (I, especially) have been promoting C++?

*snip*

It seems that way.  However, if there were more Charles to go around then I'm sure the technologies would be carried equally on C9 at roughly the same time.  Resources are resources.  Regulars here know C9 has limited resources.  But the general web sees the collective output from Microsoft, and that includes C9, and it screams native, native, native, oh and html/javascript.

It doesn't help to not be seeing the .NET technology stack folks talking about .NET and the new boundaries to take advantage of.  Maybe they can't until RTM.  RTM has been hit recently.  Let's see if that changes.

1 hour ago, Charles wrote

*snip*

I've already addressed that aspect several times.... C++ evangelism went mostly dark during the .NET Everywhere years and my goal has been to push native into the forefront (where it belongs), bringing how and when we talk about C++ up to par with .NET content on Channel 9. *snip*

Herb Sutter espousing micro savings on data center scales adds to it.  Listening to things on this scale is almost like the IBM mainframe days.  I hear .. if you write .NET code you are costing us to have to build 14 more nuclear generators and killing mother earth.  I'm sure that isn't the main intent.  It isn't a warm and fuzzy.  I'm not sure why I haven't understood.  From a pure "as-is" efficiency argument? ... maybe.  But data centers are not appliances.  <strike>The software running on them has to constantly evolve.  Developer productivity needs to trump saving kittens.</strike>