, BitFlipper wrote

*snip*

That's what I said. The new Apple connector isn't going to help you align it up any better than a microUSB.

No, but that wasn't the problem. The problem is not knowing if it's a matter of alignment or a matter of having the connector upside-down, which causes needless turning. With a connector that can be inserted both ways, you -know- the problem is alignment so you fiddle about with it for a second longer until it works.

Might cut down slightly on the amount of time you struggle, but seriously, that justifies a whole new proprietary connector that will cost all Apple customers extra $$ and require an extra converter to hook up to any standard accessories?

It's really whatever committee designed micro USB's fault for giving Apple this opportunity for creating yet another proprietary connector. Many, many connectors were designed to be insertable either way, why couldn't USB be the same way?

Sorry, I just don't buy that kind of justification for something that was clearly done by Apple to gouge more $$ from its customers. And you fall for it?

I'm saying a connector that doesn't require a "right side up" is convenient and would take away one of my many annoyances with smartphones. Whatever motive Apple may have for it is irrelevant to me since I'm not buying their phone.