Entries:
Comments:
Posts:

Loading User Information from Channel 9

Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9

Latest Achievement:

Loading User Information from MSDN

Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN

Visual Studio Achievements

Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

  • Oops, something didn't work.

    Getting "follow" information
    Start following this thread
    Removing your "follow"
    Setting up your "follow"
  • Mark Wisecarverwisemx Live it

    TommyCarlier said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

    On my monitor, it doesn't look like dark yellow, it looks like smoked salmon.

    And yes, I'm replying to CRS and not to the thread. I agree with CRS.

    I use color correction and it does appear Salmon to me.

  • JonathonWCannot​Resolve​Symbol Microsoft: Who do you want to execute today?

    wisemx said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*
    I use color correction and it does appear Salmon to me.
    Yeah, looks more salmon on this mac...  orange would have probably been a better description of how it looks on my personal (Windows) laptop.

    Bas:  (here's the flaw with the current quoting system: I can't reply to and quote more than one person per post)

    Two buttons would be more clear (reply and quote, just like every other forum on the planet or like the old c9).  I just don't think that there should be one button on each post which defaults to reply to root only.

  • BasBas It finds lightbulbs.

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*
    Yeah, looks more salmon on this mac...  orange would have probably been a better description of how it looks on my personal (Windows) laptop.

    Bas:  (here's the flaw with the current quoting system: I can't reply to and quote more than one person per post)

    Two buttons would be more clear (reply and quote, just like every other forum on the planet or like the old c9).  I just don't think that there should be one button on each post which defaults to reply to root only.
    Maybe not, no, but having a single button marked simply "Reply" is too ambiguous, I think. If anything, I'd just like the text on those per-post buttons changed to something that makes it a little clearer that you're replying to a particular post.

  • BasBas It finds lightbulbs.

    Bas said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*
    Maybe not, no, but having a single button marked simply "Reply" is too ambiguous, I think. If anything, I'd just like the text on those per-post buttons changed to something that makes it a little clearer that you're replying to a particular post.
    Here's another conundrum: (imagine the buttons say "Reply" or whatever the text is for your locale)



    Which of these buttons replies to the thread, and which one replies to the post?


    And here's another scenario:

    "Well, I'm gonna read this thread.... That's an interesting post, and I have some remarks. But let's see if anyone else thought of that too.

    [...]

    Well, I'm done reading the thread, and am now at the bottom of the page. Let's post those remarks I wanted to make. Where's the reply button?"

    Uh oh. The only reply button visible is the one on the last post. But that's reply to post instead of reply to thread. How do you know? You can't know. It's trial and error.

    My suggestion: make a noticably different looking "Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of the page. And fix the button in the top post: having two buttons that look exactly the same yet have different functionality is asking for trouble.

  • Johnjh71283 Throw new ​System.​Beverage. ​OutOfCoffee​Exception()

    HumanCompiler said:
    jh71283 said:
    *snip*
    It defaults to reply to root if you click the root (in the header or footer) button (and is the only choice actually).

    The problem with defaulting it to the root all the time is that then there will almost never be anyone that replies to a person specifically.  I would challenge your assumption of "Most ppl are generally contributing to the conversation, to to one direction person".  Can you prove that, because I think the opposite is true (hence our current design).

    Take this thread as an example.  Sampy is the only one that replied to the "root".  Everyone else replied to a person in the thread (and I believe that was their intentions).

    It's a tough one to prove either way.  You can't just go through the data, you have to read through each comment and verify what they really meant.
    Ok point taken.

    How about the ability to retrospectively alter whether it was a reply to poster or reply to root?

    I think that would sort out the issue from most fronts.

  • Thread Closed

    This thread is kinda stale and has been closed but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
    or Contact Us and let us know.