Here was the real fix
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VSAchievements /f /v User /d NinerName_With_Underscore
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
@Digital_V31: and... we just fixed the underlying issue by releasing v1.1 of the extension, instructions on how to update are posted here:
Glad you got it working though!!!
None of these solutions work for me. The registry keys were always created correctly, and I have no special characters in my user id. When I get to: "4. Go to Tools --> Options --> VS Achievements and click the Change User button" The first time this worked, although I was not prompted to log in, just to authorize the extension again. If I click "Sign Out" to try and sign in again, nothing happens and the Authorize screen just gets refreshed. The second time, I tried this and all subsequent times, VS crashes completely, and restarts. On restart I am prompted with the Authorize screen again. No combination, of uninstalling the extension, click authorize/ no way, uninstall/ reinstall etc get the extension working. When I build my solutions the same prompts saying an Achievement(s) have been unlocked, but they don't actually get unlocked.
Well, I managed to get it working, I had tried installing the plugin on 2 separate PC's with the same problem. Looking at my Live profile, the add on did not show in my authorized apps for some reason. What eventually fixed it, was doing a clean install of VS2010 on a new install of windows, then adding the plugin, signing in and authorizing the add on. Now it works on all of the PC's.
I did all the steps listed above, it still does not work. It identifies the unlocked objects, but not update them on the server.
Have the same here. Tried the proxy solutions:
But nothing seems to give it a kick...
Ok, found out that this liveID is just not working. My other account works Or maybe re-register helped me. I needed to hardly remove the VSAchievements entry from the registry to switch my credentials, unistall->install did not remove my credentials from reg.
Anyway.. I won't be using this LiveID anymore though...
I'm stuck @ 20 points... New achievements get unlocked @ visual studio but are not reflected on channel9. Every time I restart vs, the achievements popup again. This cannot be the proxy problem because i did got some achievement in the first place, but now it seems dead.
Did anyone get this working. Mine is all set up properly, regkey appears to be set correctly nothing persisting through to the website. Frustrating as a good idea.