not really a development tool .
I prefer also ms access 2003 to make very exiting applications.
I have read the post of Brice It and I agree completly .(Oct 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM)
Microsoft Please read this complain from ms access developer.
SOME OF THE MOST POPULAR MS ACCESS FUNCTIONALITY THAT THE ACCESS DEVELOPER WORLD REALLY WANTS:::::::
1) Ability to convert mdb or accdb into EXECUTABLES
2) Ability to encrypt and/or lock tables separately or all of them simultaneously
3) INCREASED SELECTION OF CONTROLS FOR MS ACCESS DEVELOPMENT
4) Increased file capacity from 2GB to say 100GB
5) Better documentation tools integrated into the VBA Editor (Ex: ability to export COLORIZED VBA code documents)
6) More datatypes added to enrich what can be stored in Access tables
7) Better (MUCH BETTER) graphing capabilities for charting data
8) Increased VBA language capabilities that parallel VB.Net