Thanks for the tip!  I'm not sure what the fix is, but I'll think about it.

I also thought of two more potential justifications for the app.

• Full-screen - if you're viewing something full-screen, and you want to know what time it is, you can check without taking your eyes off the screen.  (Though some games may change the resolution on the fly, which might break the clock - perhaps I could listen for resolution-change-events and reposition accordingly.)
  • Auto-hide Task bar - if you like auto-hiding the task bar, but want to see the clock anyway, this app is for you.
I was reading michkap's blog and noticed a "regional settings change" event - maybe I should capture that to allow re-reading of the system regional date/time format.

LATER:
OK, here's what I came up with for the three-vs.-four-button thing.

I thought about resolving as WONTFIX because the user can just drag the clock wherever.  But I felt guilty about it.

Then I had an idea - add more commands!
There's already a command to change the color - "C"
I've been somewhat annoyed that there's no way to reset the position of the app to its initial default position ("3"-button position) - so I will add the following additional commands:
"3" - reset clock to initial position, based on three buttons (minimize, restore/maximize, close)
"4" - reset clock to a position based on FOUR buttons, as in WMP
"?" - show list of commands... or maybe "h" for help... depends on how that SHIFT key interacts with regional keyboard settings...

Commands may be entered by giving the app focus and typing that key.
I'll update this project once this is implemented.