sajidmhd wrote:

1. I have a requirement where the customer wants to enter data through a PDF. So I created PDF using Adobe Designer 7.0

there is much difference between Acrobat PDF form with the Designer Form.

2. The PDF has a submit button, upon submit the data will be sent to my IIS web server.

no problem.

3. I should be able to read this XML and get the meaningful data to be stored elsewhere. (this is where i'm stuck with the crazy image chunk in the XML when there is an image field with an option to user to select a file!!)

no matter xml or fdf, PDF form both supports.

4. Later when the customer wants to edit, I SHOULD BE able to re-populate the data in the PDF and display them..

Also ok.

preconditions:
My customer has only Acrobat Reader. (I CAN NOT afford to buy license to 100s of end users)

Any of you guys know how to do this using iTextSharp? is it possible? I tried a few of the code snippet given here, but it does not help, may be because its not yet upgraded to support 7.0.

Any better way to approach this problem???

iTextSharp support it, any way, seems you do not need itextsharp from your requirement.

btw, not iTextsharp does not version 1.6 PDF form, it does not support adobe designer Form.

if you want iTextSharp also support adobe designer form, you need do some extra job.

have a look

Demo: Fill and Save PDF Form online(also can add more function,such as email and save data to database ),Adobe Reader is enough .

Good luck!