cravikiran wrote:

After my run with RoR, I played around with ASP.NET 2.0.  My thought the whole time was similar ... where are the blog in 2 min (or 5 or 10 or w/e the RoR demo was) demos on this?  Cause really, its a whole lot easier with ASP.NET 2.0 than in RoR.  Its practically no code - all the controls are drag and droppable.  Now, the biggest thing is that when you want to come back and do a real app in ASP.NET 2.0 after the initial wowing, you still can!  You are the ones writing the SQL statements for the data sources (with tools to make it quick) and caching is very easy to implement.  A lot of the plumbing is there for logins, user management, site navigation, etc, etc.  And with all of it, if you need to, the provider model is easy to customize as you like...maybe someone should do the 2-5 min "demo" for ASP.NET 2.0.

This captures the essence of the point I was trying to make! Will someone on the ASP.NET team (ScottGu) please post a "Blog from scratch in 5 minutes with ASP.NET 2.0" video (and others!)