jsampsonPC wrote:
C3PO?

Dunno who that is, but I'm sorry if they jumped on you for not asking a highly-technical question Tongue Out I would, just as a friendly comment, ask that you not respond to people with things like "F8ck off" as your comment...that might get you in trouble with admins.

Anyway, I'm interested in your idea about creating custom formatting in an editor. Unfortunately, I don't understand your visual-demonstration, so could you write up a couple of descriptions, or examples, of what you mean?

Thanks!

Thanks Man. Some Positive feed back instead of being slated.

Ok,

If in the VB editor I write.

Try
Me.Richtextbox.Loadfile("thefile")
Catch ex as Exception
Msgbox ex.message
End Try

Then if formatting is on, "pritty formatting" the editor in Visual Studio writes :

Try
Catch ex as Exception
    Msgbox ex.message
End Try

And puts in colours too, Ok?

What I wanted to do, to make the program more visual on the page, was to specifiy formating rules in the editor for different code-words(for-next, try-catch, sub, function).

So I could specify that:

Try
Catch ex as Exception
Msgbox ex.message
End Try

was reformmated as

'----------------------------------------------------------'
Try

Catch Ex as Exception
                                     '*****************'

Msgbox ex.message

'*****************'

End Try
'----------------------------------------------------------'

Its a little over the top here but I'm just trying to get across a basic principle. That you could have more than just tabs as formatting.
And you could specify your own formating rules. And perhaps have different formatting rule (auto-formatting) for say, Events, Subs, Functions, For, While, etc.

Does that make sense ?