RichardRudek wrote:

jellylychee wrote:

RichardRudek wrote:
You'll also need to explain what you mean by doesn't work. eg  it seems to be getting no power, etc

I've re-quoted my earlier question.

Anymore ?

Does that mean the barcode scanner used to work on the laptop, but then stopped for some reason ?

If so, then [read through this post] (or even the thread), and see whether it sue to bad Device manager entries. Specifically what we're looking for will be any HIDs (Human Interface Devices).

Also, have you tried plugging in the desktop's keyboard along with the barcode scanner, like you would (I assume) with your dekstop ?

When I plug it in the ps/2 port, the  barcode scanner works. The barcode scanner is recognized by my computer. When the barcode scanner reads barcodes, I can see the output in my computer. I did this in my desktop.

The problem is, I want to work on my laptop. I have to because the rest of my family uses the desktop and I always do my work (programming) in school. But my laptop does not have a ps/2 port. So what I did was purchase a ps/2 usb converter adapter.

When I connect the barcode scanner to the converter adapter, and I connect the converter adapter to the USB port, that is where the problem begins. "USB Device Not Recognized". The converter adapter is working fine if I connect my ps/2 mouse and keyboard but it does not work when I connect the barcode scanner.

So to summarize, it works in the ps/2 port. But it does not work thru the use of the converter adapter.