jellylychee wrote:

RichardRudek wrote:
As figuerres has said, these devices usually 'inject' their data stream as though someone had typed it in via a keyboard. So for all intents and purposes, it is a keyboard.

But just to be sure, here are some links so you can confirm exactly what you have: [PS/2 connector]   [DE-9 connectors]

Also, whilst the keyboard data stream is a serialised one, it's not RS-232, which is what your suggesting when you talk about serial ports - which is probably why figuerres introduced the possibity of it being an RS-232 device - I'd doubt it.

You'll also need to explain what you mean by doesn't work. eg  it seems to be getting no power, etc.

Hi. I am sorry I got everyone mixed up.  It has a ps/2 connector. It is working fine when I connect it to the ps/2 port of my desktop. It can read the barcodes and send the data to the desktop. However when I use a ps/2 usb adapter converter (my laptop doesnt have a ps/2 port), my computer does not recognize the barcode scanner anymore. The adapter converter is working fine when I tried to connect other devices like a mouse.

no big.... we figured out what you had though... not bad eh?

I used to love it when some one would ask for "A BOX OF HARD DISKS" when I worked at a computer store....
they wanted 3.5 inch FLOPPY DISKS!
used to show them a HARD DISK and explain that even with the plastic it was a "FLOPPY DISK" Smiley