magicalclick said:
stevo_ said:
*snip*

The reason is simple. Anyone could use the same core to build browser ontop of .Net. Any machine supports .net platform would be able to run the program easily. For example, run you own version of browser on Win Mo, on Win CE based GPS system, on many other Win CE bases systems.

Uh you could do that in c++, both will need platform abstraction layers... but you wouldn't want to do that because the UI / experience of a phone is different to a desktop.. the core of the rendering engine should be re-used, and that would have significantly less dependencies than a UI would..

Also AndyC, that example doesn't mean you should do it in .NET, it just means there needs to be a better way to interop the drawing layers in WPF and native.. maybe they already do have a good way but the web browser control just isn't compat..

But I'm pretty sure they could make that work faster than it would for them to write an entirely new browser..

.NET is great, I solely program .NET, in-fact I've had such a brief time in native world that I hardly remember it, but I at least know that native isn't obsolete to .NET - and that I can't see any reason why they wouldn't instead- write an entirely new browser in native..