spivonious said:

Aside from the price, what does this give me that Toad doesn't? And Toad gives me a lot more than just a query tool.

Hi All,

I work for Nob Hill Software so this is our 'official' response (sorry about the delay)

To begin with: yes, we are using DevExrepss componenets. So naturally the product offers some of the features that they do (quick filtering, grouping on the fly etc) but we go beyond and offer many things that they don't (e.g. full regular expression searches, visual query builder, query results comparison, exports and imports to every known database or format out there (including telling you if you're breaking any data integrity rules before yuo're actually pushing to the database... and much more)

As for 'what features do we offer that Toad doesn't, the list is quite long - some of it is on the site (which we constantly update) - and I don't know if I should repeat the whole thing here) but i'll say this: this product is mostly ofcusing on the *data*itself.  Yes it helps you write the query, but the big focus here is on working with the data once you have the query. Compare it, reformat it, search through it, generate reports on it, statistics, import it, export it... and query whatever data you have - SQL Database, Excel, XML or flat files, all the same uniform way. That is why we didn't put large emphasis so far on features mentioned here  - syntax highlights, code completion etc... all important features no doubt, but we really try to do something *new*, not duplicate stuff you got elsewhere. what we're planning now is to release a version of it as an SSMS extention - so you could enjoy all the features of a good query environment (that keeps getting better) and then have a great way to work with your data, once you have it

does that answer everyting? let me know if not...

Thanks

Jonathan Scion

Nob Hill Software