W3bbo said:
lesmemphis said:
*snip*

If that's your problem then you're probably doing something wrong, because "those open source browsers" do considerably better than IE when it comes to standards compliance.

I also note that your solutions all require that scripting be supported on the client. This is a huge no-no.

Hey, I've managed to get it working. Although, I've no idea if what I'm doing is correct. Lately I've become more and more aware of my lack of knowledge when it comes to standards compliance. The POST and redirect does however work in numerous browsers I've tested, I haven't found one that doesn't work anymore. So that's at least good! Hehe

Basically I used Dr Herbie's method, all I changed was to write the document in full (html, head, title, body, and form tags; then the script)

It seems that IE just looks at the script and looks for the form to post. Whereas Firefox and Chrome for example, requires all the tags of a conventional web-page to be present for it to execute the POST.

Thanks for all the help, the help and advice is part of why I love IT as much as I do. IT is one of the only industries I know of that bases success on one's willingnes to learn, and while being extremely competitive, knowledge is still shared freely!