Hi, I'm having a problem with my code. I may have already repaired it but I'm not entirely certain the application is performing as it should.

I downloaded the latest version of DirectX SDK (the 6/9/2006 publish).

When compiling the application, I get the error, "The type or namespace name 'Samples' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

According to the debugger, it refers to this line:
using Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit;

I have the line included with the other using directives at the bottom of the list.

When I remove this line, the project compiles successfully.

My concern is that I wonder if the application is performing as intended now without that line. With my experience, simply removing a using directive that's needed would only throw an error at compile-time. So, I will give a description as to what exactly my application looks like when it is run so you can tell me if it is running as intended or not.

In short, when the built application is run, I get an approximately 300 x 300 px window that, not including the border and title bar, is clear. When I move the window a little bit, it has artifacts of the old window in the orginal position within the boundries of the new position of the window before the window was moved. Therefore, if I drag the window up just a little bit, there will be an "image" of the title bar within the window. I hope that's descriptive enough. If you need more information, just let me know. Thanks.