Tiptup300 wrote:
First off I love the INFO THANK YOU!!!!!

but before the "3D Graphics Terminology" part I keep getting a build error

"error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Device' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

why?

EDIT: Well I found out I had it in the wrong place and I double checked everything but I'm getting

"
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(32,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Manager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(38,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Caps' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(40,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CreateFlags' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(48,8): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'caps' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(52,5): error CS0103: The name 'createFlags' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Battletank2005.Form1'
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(60,5): error CS0103: The name 'createFlags' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Battletank2005.Form1'
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(70,8): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'caps' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(74,5): error CS0103: The name 'createFlags' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Battletank2005.Form1'
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(80,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PresentParameters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(82,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'presentParams' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(94,4): error CS0103: The name 'device' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Battletank2005.Form1'
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(116,4): error CS1525: Invalid expression term 'private'
c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio projects\battletank2005\gameengine.cs(116,12): error CS1002: ; expected
"
a tiny amount of errors....please help....

This is because Derek forgot to tell us what we need to include at the top of our classes with "using" and when we  need to do it. i ran into the same problem as you and made a solution for myself. add the following code after all the "using System" lines:

using Microsoft;
using Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit;
using Microsoft.DirectX;
using Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D;