I know this question has been asked many times but I am trying to get a poll/opinions on the various commercial licensing protection SDKs that are available for .NET applications. I am looking for the following:
- Unlock for applications that aren't connected to the internet.
- Floating licenses for our corporate customers where they can deploy the licensing server and we unlock it for X number of licenses.
- Floating and fixed licenses that can be unlocked via the internet.
- Time restricted licenses.
- Ability to turn certain features in the software on/off based on unlock.
I am not asking for anyone to point out specific solutions for me but what have you used in the past/present and how favorable are you with the solution? I have used Crypkey in the past(rock solid, really expensive) but it doesn't have any hosted solutions for unlocking licenses. There are literally dozens of solutions out there and it's hard to wade through all of it and pick a winner.
I also know that there is a body of thought out there to not protect your software at all or roll your own solution. I am of the opinion that you have to protect your software just enough w/o annoying or inconveniencing your customers. I respectfully understand the body of thought to not protect your software but I am not trying open up a discussion on that issue with this thread.
Anyway, I am soliciting opinions on what commercial solutions you've used and yay/nay on the experience with that vendor(s).