No i'm not a spammer, i just lack imagination and energy to even bother to come up with display name. Btw technically i haven't provided any links, only the names of some of the tools as an example of what i'm talking about.

This reminds me of Charles calling people for trolls just because they ie give negative feedback.

The tools are not as complicated and specific as SuperFetch (afaik the api's needed to write a superfetch open source version is missing).
They use block based caching of all the requested data from the hard drive. So the access time would be sped up no matter what data the programs regularly used not just the launch speed.

I was testing ramdisk a few days ago and it got me thinking. The speed up was huge. Using a caching solution might be good both for performance and the longevity of the hard drive.

Since i cant check if superfetch is doing its work right (also learning systems have a habit of getting messed up after a few months) i'm left with no choice but to test tools like above to see if i get a speed up or not.

I'm using a laptop and the hard drive is slow so using the ram for some caching should increase the performance.

Now i'm back to the question in my first comment again.
Those that have tried such tools, did they improve the performance for you ?