Comments:

Comments

Dan Fernandez Dan
  • This Week on Channel 9: April 17th Episode

dentaku wrote:
    The aspect ratio of the video is wrong (unless everyone got slightly wider since last week).

I had a bunch of problems with Premiere and Movie Maker last night and I couldn't get MM to open the produced AVI file despite the fact that it played fine in WMP. After multiple attempts, I had to end up working through Camtasia (a screen-recording tool) to encode the file and that's where it got borked up as it didn't seem to use the source video's settings.

I'm hoping this is just a minor blip and I won't have this issue again...
  • This Week on Channel 9: April 4th Episode

DukeNukem wrote:

Dan wrote:
    Not exactly, the surface just reads a barcode for whatever hardware or product is put on top of it. That being said, Bluetooth communication and/or wireless should be possible if someone wanted to build something with a little more direct connection on Surface.

So they just put a barcode sticker on the back of the device and service reads that ? Or how does it work exactly ?

There must be some connection if you want to drag and drop songs to a phone, no ?

I think the dragging/dropping of songs onto a phone was demoware meaning I don't think AT&T or Surface has built anything beyond prototypes of that yet. I could be mistaken though and they could be further along here.
  • This Week on Channel 9: April 4th Episode

• This Week on Channel 9: April 4th Episode

Yeah, we'll probably have a goofy show every now and then (Halloween, April Fools Day, Holidays), maybe we should label them in the title so people know we're going to be a little less newsy and a bit more...pointless:P

• Channel9 Team : Spam Video Filter Beta

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Reminds me of Unnecessary Censorship

That's why we gave a shout-out to JKL consulting Big Smile
  • Giles Thomas: ResolverOne, Combining a Spreadsheet with a Programming Language

What's nice is that it's sort of like Excel's Macro Recorder on steroids in that it's always on and always visible so you can experiment/tinker with IronPython by running a few calculations or by typing values and see what the "generated code" is.
  • This Week on Channel 9: March 21st episode

Thanks guys Smiley

As a side note, Brian won a "who's wearing more green" contest at a St. Patrick's Day party last weekend wearing the same outfit Smiley

• This Week on Channel 9 @ Mix: March 14 Episode

littleguru wrote:
    Why is the download video smaller than the one that I get when I click on the "Full Screen" button?

Download: 94.46 MB (is this again the Zune version?)
    Full Screen: 96.00 MB

Fixed, Charles just swung by and explained the problem which was my misunderstanding of which file is the high-res versus low res file. The high res file has 2MB on it and I had assumed that was the low res file, my bad, but fixed in the future.
  • This Week on Channel 9 @ Mix: March 14 Episode

Maddus Mattus wrote:
    The winner game at the end of the video is awesome!!!

Agreed, I would pay money for that game. We're trying to get them to come to Maker Faire so people can play with it hands on Big Smile
  • All About Mary Jo

Kudos to Charles, it's *so* cool to watch Mary Jo on the other side of the camera Smiley