what else to buy with a server? UPS?
im not saying that Microsoft should add this extension to C#, i just want to do this for fun.
yes you can use P/Invoke - COM Interop, but will be more fun if you can do this:
int a = 7;
cppcode <a vara>
cout << vara;
vara = 6;
now a = 6.
inteaction between code in diferent languages will be amazing at this level.
I have a idea, a new extension to C# to embeding (C#+ C++ compiler output = mixed assemblies) C or C++ code like this:
static void Main()
printf("%s", "Hello World");
what do you think? why Turbo Pascal and C++ can have embedded asm code but C# can't?
very nice, gadgets, media center are looking cool, better and better etc.
i still don't like explorer, adress/search is fine, but folders tree and that arbitrary list, or maybe just need to try and see. WMP?, that view method (cover art + some info right on it, and then again same info on right under separate columns) is customizable? iTunes is still better, but i prefer winamp for listening music, iTunes only to sync my nano, and WMP for movies. Hope they make some change to MMC.
- win configuration (look&feel) ...
- install drivers + windows update
- install software
Angus wrote:On a weekday when I have to go to school it is usually 5 - 6 hours per day; at the weekend that can go from anything from 10 hours to over 24 hours, this depends on what I am doing.
PeterF wrote:Good find, I hope you have better luck in trying to get zero bugs in your "Spartacus XR001 (What's New Reader)" application.
I hope you will eventually find a suitable workaround so you can continue developing your application.
i would... hard even to think,
- build a secret lab to test and develop new hardware for "our" software.
- create new research centers.
- leave mouse/keyboard manufacturing line.
- make MS Press books, and other learning resources available for "free free" for students that are working with MS Tech.
- more feedback from customers.
- new quality standards
- a interview with Anders Hejlsberg
- more multimedia/contracts with ~, more game studios/games
- make some donations (from MS) to schools
- keep doing what i'm doing (if i am Bill Gates), improving software, make a better world
Check out the "Action Pack" license, it's dirt cheap.
Isn't the Action Pack intended for internal use only? As a home user/independant developer, you couldn't deploy a web app publicly, could you?
My server is an Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz with 768MB RAM. It runs Server 2003, Sql Express, Exchange 2003, Active Directory, DNS, IIS (Community Server 2.0, Vault, & OnTime), and internal file sharing. It longs for more memory...if you're going to splurge on any single component, get lots of RAM....
Xaero_Vincent wrote:What does RTM stand for?
I googled it and I just got "read the manual". So that didn't make any sense to me.