About the content, this was 90% marketing, very similar to
I find the video on that link more interesting, it goes deeper into the game and shows gameplay and video, and not 30% of the video talks about the performance of some car, the format is still not something I think is appropriate for C9 though.
I do not think you need to expand your audience, I think MS would benefit from keeping the content on this site to us geeks and experts, if we like it, we will promote Microsoft and the products to the other non experts.
About ping and marketing, here are some headlines from the latest shows:
"What does Zune HD mean for you?"
"Tired mac ads"
"Is google scared?"
"Microsoft is cool"
Contrast this with the very professional atmosphere in the JAOO interviews with Guy Steele and Anders, or with interviews with Lars Bak from Lang.Net
If you can drastically change the format of the show, I would love to watch it. Here are some ideas for content:
- A technical Interview with Halo lead Corrinne Yu, about programming.
- An interview with the guys who ported Compact Framework to Xbox for XNA, problems, solutions, tips for optimizing code etc.
- An technical talk with the awesome Johnny Lee and Natal.
- More XNA stuff, what's next, who is working there, a tour around their offices etc.
- Interview with Gears of War team, or preferable Tim Sweeney from Epic. Problems with developing the Unreal Engine cross platform, differences between Xbox, PC and PS3. General-purpose CPUs on the xbox360 vs the SPUs on the PS3. SPU and parallel programming in general.